Couleurs Doyard /
Customer requirement :
The Doyard family operates two vineyards; one in Champagne and the other in the Bordeaux region. They sell their range of wines to cafés, hotels, restaurants, as well as via the vineyard shops. Wine consumption is continually decreasing and there is fierce competition from the New World. The Doyard family wanted to position itself as an important player in the marketplace.
They wanted to modernise their image, position their ranges of wines and differentiate themselves from their competitors.
Solution provided :
Having analysed the issues surrounding the positioning of the brands of wine produced directly by the Doyard wine-growing family, Dici Design worked on the overall strategy and design.
- Drafting of a strategic design file for repositioning the two brands;
- Creation of an umbrella trademark, Couleurs Doyard;
- Design of the visual identity of the new Couleurs Doyard trademark, as well as for the Champagne and Bordeaux wines;
- Design of the bottle packaging including the creation of a range system for the two types of product;
- Creation of the communication tools;
- Layout of sales areas.
Results obtained :
- Development of sales in new European markets, in terms of the number of customers and number of bottles (+30%);
- Strong and unique positioning of the Couleurs Doyard trademark and its product ranges; a distinction that places the family on a level with the major wine brands.
- Economies of scale made with the two products (paper, cardboard, communication tools, control of printing costs and relationship with printers, etc.)
"Dici Design enabled me to achieve economies of scale in terms of the label manufacturing for my bottles of Champagne and Bordeaux wines, using a single type of paper that is suitable for both products."